If you have had a look at the programme for the 2016 Annual Study Weekend to be held in Manchester – see http://uk-irl.iaml.info/training/asw2016.pdf – then the eagle-eyed among you will have noticed a late programme change. Sadly due to ill-health OUP’s Simon Wright has had to withdraw his scheduled presentation on Villa-Lobos.
The Conference organisers are very grateful to Dr Karen MacAulay from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland for stepping in at late notice to give a presentation entitled “Ghosts of Borrowers Past” . Karen will look at the historic copyright music at the University of St Andrews and what really happened to the Stationers’ Hall legal deposit music as well as using Big Data to discover what the University really thought of their music collection, and who used it.
This session is now scheduled for Sunday morning with Eleanor Roberts from the Halle Archive rescheduled to Saturday evening.
Also note that while the Music in Public Libraries seminar starts as scheduled at 1pm the Academic Librarians seminar will commence at 2pm on Friday 1st April.
Looking at the finalised programme several topic threads are emerging:
- How music archives can be used in outreach (perspectives from The Halle and Royal Northern College of Music archivists)
- Strategies for marketing library services, demonstrating value and engaging with new audiences – Neil MacInnes
- Copyright developments – this will now be a regular element of future ASWs coordinated by the Trade and Copyright committee
- Scotland, Ireland and England – presentations from all corners of IAML(UK&Irl)
- Library visits – it is always valuable to see how things are done in other places – this year we have scheduled visits to the Royal Northern College of Music and the Henry Watson Music Library
Bookings close on March 11th 2016 so there is still plenty of time to book your place.
The conference facilities at Chancellor’s Hotel, University of Manchester, will provide very comfortable accommodation with delegate rooms, dining facilities and conference facilities all on the same site.
The Booking Form is available here –