International Conference bursary: The Ian Ledsham Bursary Fund
The Music Libraries Trust is currently accepting applications for a bursary to support attendance of the IAML Conference to be held in Antwerp, Belgium from 13 to 18 July 2014.
The deadline for applications is Mon 28 April 2014.
Please note the following:
- Applicants must be paid-up personal or institutional members of the IAML UK & Ireland Branch (as defined in the UK & Irl Branch Constitution Art. XVI) at the point at which the application is made. Preference will be given to applicants who are active within the Branch.
- People already in receipt of Branch funding for a specific project will normally be ineligible.
- The award is meant to contribute to the cost of attending the conference, not to cover all expenses. Subsistence costs will not be contributed to. Funding will normally be of the order of £200 – £300.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate the potential benefits to themselves and their institution by attending the conference.
- It would normally be expected that the applicant’s institution will grant leave to attend the conference. Any letters of institutional support would be welcomed as part of the application.
- Bursary recipients are advised to take out suitable insurance to cover their costs in the event of their non-attendance, as the bursary will normally be paid after attendance.
Successful candidates must write a 1000-word report of attending the conference, to be sent to the Bursaries Administrator. The Executive Committee of IAML(UK & Irl) reserves the right to publish all or part of the report in the Branch Newsletter.
To apply, please download the application form available from our website.
For further information, please contact Megan Dyson, Bursaries Administrator at email@example.com.