The Music Libraries Trust was pleased to award nine full and part bursaries to enable winners to attend the recent IAML (UK & Irl) Annual Study Weekend held 11-13 April 2014 at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge. The aim of the MLT is to support and fund the education and training of music librarians in the UK and Ireland. Our bursary scheme furthers this aim by awarding bursaries to students and library staff to attend study weekends and courses organised by IAML (UK & Irl), with priority given to those who would otherwise be unable to attend and have no other sources of funding.
The 2014 ASW Bursary winners were:
- Sophie Anderson (Yorkshire Music Library)
- Dorianne Coleiro (University of Malta)
- Megan Dyson (Bruntcliffe School)
- James Hindle (University of Stratclyde)*
- Tom Kearns (London)
- Jean McClintock (National University of Ireland)
- Isobel Ramsden (City University London)
- Roberta Schiavone (Pendlebury Library)
- Helen Snelling (Pendlebury Library)
MLT is very grateful to our sponsors, without whom this number of awards would not be possible. Many thanks to:
- Academic Rights Press
- Cramer Music
- Oxford University Press
- Music Sales Charitable Trust
- The Staypar Trust
Hopefully you met some of the bursary winners, many of whom were ASW first timers, over the weekend. I’m sure you will agree with me that they were a delightful bunch! For further information about the Music Libraries Trust and our work, please visit our website or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Megan Dyson, MLT Bursaries Administrator
*Unable to attend.